Friday, February 12, 2010

Let it Snow!

The heavy snow on the Eastern seaboard has meant lots of downtime for Washington, D.C. workers and even some for New York and New Jersey folks. As we enter the President's Day weekend, I notice I'm getting lots of "Out of the Office" responses to my e-mails. Having had no choice but to take several days off this week already, some people are out today and only returing to work on Tuesday...which makes me think.

When you're unemployed, you never really have a day off--or alternately, every day is a day off. It's a weird feeling: You know that every day, including weekends, you should be doing something regarding a job search. But what? Already this week, I've had an electronic-resume workshop canceled...thanks to forecast "inclement weather." Don't these people know that I need their help? And, now with the rest of the world being out-of-pocket, schussing down the slopes or out to Valentine's Day dinners, there's no way they'll be giving my e-mailed resume the scrutiny it deserves.

Oh, let it snow some more! Away with all work and work-less cares!

1 comment:

  1. Spring can't be far off, and with it, good things. Only good things should come your way, Hardy.

    ReplyDelete